Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Paypal woes

Ever bought an item on eBay and paid with paypal then a few hours later the payment was placed on hold?
Ever sold an item on eBay, got paid thru paypal and then hours after you received a notification that the funds were placed on hold because apparently, paypal is investigating the legitimacy of the funds? Well, I got friends who had experienced this inconvenience courtesy of the internet’s most secure online payment. You are not alone.


My friends told me that this had happened t o them several times already. One time, my friend (he is the seller on this one) got his funds on hold, it was a legitimate sale and he even showed me the email correspondences, the buyer was notified of what happened, but for some reason, the buyer’s replies were never received by paypal, so the payment got reversed, leaving my friend with no item and no money, while the buyer got the item for free! My friend even tried to email the buyer several times, but to no avail. Maybe the buyer realized that he/she can get the item free, so she/he never responded to my friend.


I don’t know but i think there is something wrong with paypal's system here. They get their cut on every sale, I don’t know what else would they want? When you ask them why do they hold payments, they would just simply tell you that it is their policy and it is to ensure safe and secure shopping online. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment